Sugar Hair Removal
What is Sugaring?
Body Sugaring is a safe and effective hair removal method that has been performed since ancient times. Sugaring removes the hair from the follicle in the natural direction of hair growth using an all natural paste that resembles honey, but is made from sugar, lemon and water ..read more
How to prepare for your appointment
- First time you should have 2 weeks of hair growth, at least 1/8″
- Come to appointment with clean, dry skin. Do not use any lotions or oils.
- No sun bathing, tanning booths, or spray tanning, 72 hours prior to appointment.
- Stop use of Retin A, Retinol, Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Enzymes, Fruit Acids, Acids, Peels, 7 days prior to service
- Brows and face cannot be done the same day as a facial treatment
- Do not apply deodorant if you are getting your underarms sugared.
- Complete the digital intake form upon scheduling
The first 24 hours :
- Avoid touching freshly sugared area with your hands to prevent bacteria.
- Do not exfoliate the day of or after sugaring. Gently exfoliate every 2-3 days
- No tanning for 24 hours. Exfoliated skin is more sensitive to UV rays and more likely to burn.
- Avoid heat, strenuous exercise, hot baths, sauna, and steam
- Avoid hot tubs and swimming
- Do not use scented creams/lotions/deodorant
Maintenance is scheduled within 2-3 weeks and before you leave each visit. Best results are achieved if you continue on schedule and remove hair in the beginning growth cycle. If the hair is removed in it’s Anagen phase (beginning growth phase), it is less painful because the root is shallow and it prevents a strong blood supply which then can inhibit hair growth.